Wednesday, August 19, 2009

self-diagnosis

we all do this, don't we?
i mean, that's what the internet's for, right? if we have a question or concern, all you have to do these days is LOOK IT UP! how convenient.

so back to the title of this entry...

i think i have hypothyroidism! long story short, on a whim i looked it up tonight and discovered that i have almost all of the listed symptoms. hmmmm. OR i could be anemic... double HMMMMM. so i think i need to call my doctor to get some blood drawn. I HATE NEEDLES! and to make matters worse, i have tiny veins (i am told this every single time i have to have blood work) and the nurse usually has a hard time. in fact, a few times, the nurse has called for "help" from another nurse, and one time they even resorted to using a baby's needle!

anyway, hopefully i can get this figured out soon. aside from my mom, who i know will have advice for me since she has already been diagnosed, i am wondering if anyone else [who reads my blog] has any advice/recommendations???

2 comments:

  1. well I think the anemic thing would go along with your bruising, right???? :( Let me know if you get any answers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so my mom has hypothyroidism and had a portion of her thyroid taken out many years ago..........so, I looked up the symptoms to see what they were and I, myself have 99% of the symptoms. My neighbor also said to me last week that she thinks she has hypothyroidism ...maybe it's going around (j/k, I know it can't be caught!!!!). Not sure what to tell you but get to the doctor if something is really wrong....could be something (hopefully NOT!!!) that you can't self-diagnose....XOXO

    ReplyDelete