Tuesday, November 10, 2009

happy sick

Despite feeling under the weather these past few days, today actually being the worst, I am having a GOOD DAY! So good, in fact, that I am taking the time to care about proper grammar! (I'm sure many of you have noticed how I hate to capitalize...) Anyway, let me tell you why I'm so happy.

To start off, as I was pulling out of the driveway to take Natalie to school, there was a UPS truck parked in front of my house. I knew exactly what it was -- my Victoria's Secret order! With the help of my birthday gift cards, along with some online coupon codes, I was able to purchase some much-needed essentials for FREE!

Now, I know you [ladies] are thinking, what could possibly make me happier than recieving a package from VS??? Well, I'll tell you: I got the new cell phone I wanted for FREE!

My old phone started acting up about a month ago. Sometimes I couldn't receive calls and other times I couldn't even make calls. Then as of yesterday it completely shut down. It was very strange driving around town without a working phone. I even drove across town to make a special "Santa" trip to Toys R Us without it. I kept thinking that surely something was going to go wrong just because I was--God-forbid-- WITHOUT A CELL PHONE. The horror! But of course, I was fine. So after doing some research on phones this past week (and I totally recommend googling reviews on products before making a purchase, particularly electronics), I narrowed my options down to about 3 phones. First, I went to T-Mobile where after waiting some time for some one to even acknowldege me, I was WAY overpriced on my options. So, I wrote down the facts I was given and left. Next, I went to RadioShack where they were running a sale on the phone I wanted. Before I went in, I prepared myself for a letdown. I just figured there was some small print that I was missing when I read their sales flyer. But apparently, it was correct! So, I "purchased" my free phone and walked out of there a very happy girl. (Now, I just hope that it meets my expectations before my 2 week trial period is up.)

As an update, Natalie and Russell both caught some sort of sickness last week. Natalie's didn't last long but when Russell got it, it was worse. He is now on the mend but can't shake these cough attacks so his doctor precribed a stronger cough medicine than the one he was already on. In the meantime, we have been staying low key and trying to remain indoors, which has been rough on both him and I. To make matters worse, I seemed to have caught a touch of what the kids had. Today I am feeling chills and weakness, along with chest/throat pain which is how it began a couple of days ago for me. I will be away from home this upcoming weekend, helping on another Rachel's retreat, but I'm asking for your prayers that we ALL get better soon! I won't be much help on the retreat if I'm sick; and Russ will have a hard time dealing with sick kids by himself.

I hope everyone else is doing a better job than we are keeping away from the cold/flu. It is definitely that time of the year :(


OFF TO PICK UP NATALIE ---

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay! what phone did you get? :)
    I am sick (AGAIN) too with the bad sore throat junk :( I swear pre-school is getting the best of all of us.
    I miss you. Hopefully we will all be well next week and can get together - ? XOXO!

    ReplyDelete